How Comprehensive GI Health is Different
How are we different?
Dr. Tara Troy created this unique style of gastroenterology practice in September 2018 in response to patients’ overwhelming desire for a comprehensive and holistic approach to their GI care. By integrating nutrition, supplements, the gut microbiome, and the mind-gut connection, ALONG WITH traditional gastrointestinal interventions, we have been able to provide exceptional care and see meaningful and lasting benefits in our patients.
Who are we?
Our team consists of:
- Tara Troy, M.D. – a compassionate gastroenterologist caring for patients along the North Shore for over thirteen years, listens with empathy and provides a meticulous diagnostic evaluation, including exceptional quality endoscopic procedures in a deluxe environment
- Liz Moon, NP – a nurse practitioner with expertise in weight management, optimizing sleep, and general gastroenterology; provides rapid appointment access, prompt communication, tailored treatments and empowering education
- Claire Allen, MS, RDN, LDN – a registered dietitian with vast experience in weight management, but also all gastrointestinal conditions (celiac disease and wheat sensitivity, irritable bowel syndrome, IBD, and eosinophilic esophagitis) because “food is medicine”
- Jed Foster, MA, LMFT – a supportive and encouraging behavioral coach/counselor with additional expertise in gut-directed hypnotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy used for functional conditions like irritable bowel syndrome
How can our comprehensive strategy help you?
- We provide coordinated and collaborative care – truly tackling issues from all angles.
- We emphasize your education and understanding.
- We individualize treatment plans designed around YOUR life and preferences.
- We are ready to excel at the care of common GI health concerns:
- Colon cancer screening and prevention
- Acid reflux/GERD
- Fatty liver disease
- We are eager to tackle challenging conditions too:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Weight management
How can you get started on your path to improved wellness?
For more information about our unique approach to gastrointestinal health, or to schedule an appointment, visit compgihealth.com or call 224.407.4400.
TARA TROY, M.D.
Dr. Tara Troy graduated with honors from the University of Pennsylvania with a major in biological basis of behavior and a minor in psychology. She received her doctor of medicine (M.D.) degree at Rush University School of Medicine. At Rush she was the Vice President of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and was also awarded the Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center Medical Staff Prize for Clinical Excellence, which is given to the outstanding senior medical student as selected by the medical staff. She trained at the University of Chicago completing her internal medicine residency and gastroenterology and hepatology fellowship.
For the past thirteen years, Dr. Troy has thoroughly enjoyed caring for patients along the North Shore.
Dr. Troy understands that no one is very excited about visiting the gastroenterologist. Therefore, her mission at Comprehensive Gastrointestinal Health is to reduce as many barriers as possible so that we can provide thorough, efficient, and outstanding care in a comfortable and pleasant setting. Colon cancer prevention is a passion and making the process as easy as possible is a primary goal.
Dr. Troy has also come to appreciate the need to empower patients to help in the care of their own gastrointestinal health conditions. A comprehensive approach that includes nutrition and optimizing the mind-gut connection is imperative. Prescribing medications and ordering tests have their necessary roles, but medical education, motivation, and counseling can provide lifelong benefits that outweigh short term fixes.
Dr. Troy is ready, willing, and able to utilize all the best that medical technology and science have to offer, but she and her team would love to help individuals simultaneously address the “root causes” of their digestive health concerns.
Dr. Troy does her best to “walk the walk” of wellness. She spends as much time as she can with her pediatrician husband, two amazing daughters, and very fluffy dog, Dexter. Dr. Troy’s passion for learning keeps her up to date on the latest trends in gastroenterology, but also allows her to devour nonfiction books and watch endless documentaries. Being outside and active in the sunshine, exploring the great city of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, traveling to new destinations, sampling new cuisines, “practicing” yoga and mindfulness (practicing being the operative word), and laughing with her wonderful network of friends and family, all fill her life with happiness.